Close

About Halfway Toyota

Halfway 1950's

Our History

Originally Saunders Garage in Park Rynie between Umzinto and Scottburgh on the only route from Port Shepstone to Durban, in 1965 it came under the new ownership of A.M. Edwards, G.B. Payne and J.G. Baikie Snr and was appropriately renamed Halfway Service Station, now known as Halfway Toyota Scottburgh.

Shortly after the garage was renamed an opportunity arose to take on the relatively "unknown" and "untried" franchise of a new Japanese automaker, "Toyota". John Baikie Snr made the challenging and risky decision to invest in the franchise but never regretted it as Toyota grew from strength to strength into the reputable name it is today.

Halfway Toyota Scottburgh, which incidentally still stands on its original site today, was later taken over in its entirety by John Baikie Snr.

A subsequent desire to grow and establish the Halfway brand within South Africa has led to the business expanding considerably since then, with Halfway Toyota Dealerships now located country wide in Widenham (Malanda), Howick, Scottburgh, Shelly Beach, Fourways, George, Honeydew, Ottery, Ngami and Chobe.

Aygo | Etios | Yaris | Auris | Corolla Quest | New Corolla | Prius - New Generation | 86 | Rush | C-HR | FJ | RAV4 | New Generation Fortuner | Land Cruiser Prado | Land Cruiser | Dyna 150 | Avanza | Hilux - New Generation - Single Cab | Hilux (Specifications pending MM Codes) | Quantum | Sitemap | Halfway Group
Facebook
Twitter
Google Plus
Instagram